You probably want some idea of the kinds of things you will see and do on one of our visits. Our delegations are not holidays – they are intense and in depth -you will learn a huge amount about the situation on the ground, however much you know before you leave.
Here are some of the things you will do on a typical visit
- Meet with Palestinian politicians, including politicians from the dominant political party in the West Bank, Fateh
- Meeting with Israeli politicians from Meretz and the Israeli Labour Party
- Cross Qalandia checkpoint on foot to experience one of the main checkpoints used by the minority of Palestinians allowed by Israel to enter Jerusalem
- Meet with representatives from Palestinian NGOs such as Addameer, Civic Coalition for Defending Palestinians’ Rights in Jerusalem and the negotiations unit of the Palestine Liberation Organisation
- Tours with the Israeli Committee against House Demolitions (ICAHD) including a walking tour of the Old City of Jerusalem and a bus tour of Greater Jerusalem
- Visit to Bethlehem including Nativity church and meeting with the Mayor or Deputy Mayor of Bethlehem when available
- Visit Hebron including a guided tour of Hebron including Israeli settlement in city centre, “sterilised” streets, old market and visit to Ibrahimi
mosque (Abraham’s tomb). Plus meeting with the meeting with the Governor and/or Mayor of Hebron
- Visit to a Bedouin village affected by Israel’s displacement policies
- Briefing at British Consulate General in East Jerusalem
- Briefing on child prisoners from the Defence for Children International – Palestine
- Visit to Yasser Arafat’s mausoleum in Ramallah
- Meeting with one of the Popular Non-violent Resistance Committees on a Friday
If there are a group of you we can arrange a bespoke visit to meet your needs. Just let us know.